Saturday, July 27, 2013

Peek at our Week {July 27, 2013}

Peek at our Week Mudpies and Makeup

My lilies opened up!

They are amazing and smell so beautiful!

DSC04249

DSC04403

DSC04263

We finally got a new dishwasher!  Woo Hoo!!!

I’ve already given each of the kids a “turn” loading it up.  Don’t get me started about the cat laying in there.  I have no idea why he does stuff like this, other than he truly believes he is the king of the house and can do whatever he wants to.


DSC04266

We had a pretty laid back week.  We didn’t do as much school as I had planned on, but that was ok.  For a while.

DSC04329

DSC04342

DSC04345

We’ve been having a lot of rain in the evenings, which has eliminated any family walks or bike rides.  The kids did get one chance to run through the sprinklers

DSC04367

(Seriously….why can’t he SMILE???)

DSC04382
DSC04359

DSC04361

DSC04375

I love watching them goof off and have fun.  Even if the boys keep dropping down to “pretend” to pee.

DSC04379

Plus it’s nice to put my feet up!

DSC04432

I had to include a picture of my manicured nails.

It’s a long story, and basically a perfect example of how far I will go to avoid conflict.

Even if it does mean that I will overpay for a poorly done Shellac manicure, that chips after two days instead of the promised two weeks, and will sit through not one, but two re-do’s and in the end they will be sparkly pink.  The one color I didn’t want.

I don’t like sparkly pink.

DSC04286

DSC04317


It was Elaina's turn to go camping with the grandparents.  I really missed her, but Olivia missed her even more.




She tried her turn at fishing and said she had a fun time.  I think she liked eating the fish more than catching them though.

 
DSC04318DSC04319

DSC04313

DSC04428

DSC04429

The boys had some trouble getting along this week.  I finally got tired of listening to their squabbles that I made them hold hands all morning.  Nothing like being forced to work together…  

DSC04447

DSC04438


This little girl of mine…

Cute, isn’t she?

Yea.  The cute ones are always the naughtiest.

DSC04269

DSC04412
DSC04414

She did stay pretty busy with lots of school stuff, especially while Elaina was gone.  She was pretty much lost without her big sissy though.

DSC04415DSC04420

DSC04454

DSC04461

DSC04277

DSC04307

One afternoon while the older kids were watching a movie, I walked over to check on Olivia and found her tucked into the chest.

What??? Your preschooler doesn’t take naps like a vampire?  Huh….weird.

DSC04251

Besides entertaining Olivia while Elaina was gone, and refereeing the boys while they were fighting, I worked on this really long article about Preparing for preschool.  I’m still trying to figure out if people are reading this blog thing, and if they are, why in the world they find us interesting....


In the meantime, it is nice to document all the changes that the kids go through.

DSC04455

I finished up another Book Pack, Andy and the Lion. 

DSC04487

DSC04488

Saturday we hosted game night.  It was lots of fun, as usual.  We should really do that more often.



Good Eats Mudpies and Makeup

DSC04303

DSC04348

I only ended up trying out a few of the new recipes I found.  This one was “Farfalle with Broccoli and Pine Nuts”. The kids were not impressed and kindly asked that I “stop experimenting on them”. 

Yea….that’s the thanks that I get for trying…

DSC04310

DSC04311

Saul and tried out a restaurant close to us that serves Shawarma sandwiches.  Yum!  I’m totally going back.  I was so proud of Saul eating it just as they suggested, even with the banana peppers, pickled turnips, and lamb meat.

Some things are better eaten NOT special ordered.

DSC04350

DSC04351
DSC04352


DSC04355

We ate Ice Cream Sundaes once and they were perfect except for the missing bananas…

I LOVE bananas in my ice cream.

DSC04357

(Have you tried out this syrup?  Ah-mazing!)

DSC04397

DSC04421

DSC04480

We had lots of Mexican fare: Breakfast Burritos, Tostadas, and Green Enchiliadas.

DSC04485

I made Caramel Corn for game night which is always a perfect snack for playing cards.  And Saul came home with a “Chocolate Tuxedo Truffle Cake” one night, you know, in case I “needed” some chocolate.  Sure, go ahead and blame me…

DSC04425

Saul is working this weekend, and we don’t have any plans.  Maybe I’ll get to finish this book I started.  Smile


Our Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments: