Saturday, July 20, 2013

Peek at our Week {VBS, the Snake, and the Personality Test}

 
Peek at our Week Mudpies and Makeup


I’m so glad this week is over.



I am just not any good at running around all week long.


DSC04139


Sunday we drove to north Denver to help my Grandmother celebrate her 80th Birthday.  She is an amazing lady!  Happy Birthday Nonie!

DSC04156

The kids had VBS this week and I volunteered again as the onsite nurse.  Which meant getting up and around earlier than normal.  A lot earlier than normal.

DSC04159

By 2:00pm each day, I needed a serious caffeine boost just to keep my eyes open.

DSC04162
DSC04166

DSC04167

DSC04182

DSC04152

On Tuesday we went to the thrift store to look for props for Western Day.  I think I spent around $11 for a couple of hats, big belts, and bandanas.  The kids looked pretty sharp!

DSC04190

DSC04197

Why can’t I ever get him to smile for pictures?

DSC04204

We have some really tall lilies that are so ready to bloom.  I can’t wait to see what color they all are!

DSC04206

DSC04223

By Thursday, I was so pooped out from running around all week.  I made a really ambitious “To Do” list and successfully completed everything on it.   Winking smile


I know.  I’m a real overachiever.


personalitytypes1


Towards the end of the week, Saul and I took this personality testHe is a 6 and I am a 2.  It brought up so much interesting conversation (see our combined relationship compatibility here) that Isaac asked if he could take the test.  I told him I didn’t think he was old enough to answer the questions, so then Nate asked if he could take it.  Isaac laughed at him and said, “Mom just told me I was too young, so why would you be able to take it?” 

To which Nate answered back, “Well Isaac….you don’t really have much of a personality.”

Mwhahahah!

DSC04233

Duck the cat had an interesting week.  He must have really missed us while we were gone each day because he willingly played with the kids during the afternoons.  He kept hopping into the stroller and crying to be pushed around.  Funny cat.

DSC04237

Wednesday afternoon, Nate came running in from outside to tell me he had trapped the snake, in case I wanted to take a picture of it.  I keep trying to figure out what kind of snake it is, so I jumped at the opportunity.

DSC04238

After he lifted the lid, and I realized it wasn’t the same snake, I kind of freaked out.

Ok, I a lot freaked out.

Having one large unidentified snake at large in my backyard kind of creeps me out.  But two?  That’s enough to make me shake in my boots.  ((shudder))

But having snakes “relocated” is expensive business so it seems that the snakes are staying.  For now anyway….

DSC04239

They probably are totally harmless anyway.  At least that’s what I keep trying to convince my inner crazy lady.



Good Eats Mudpies and Makeup



DSC04146
DSC04148

It was actually cool enough on Monday that I could bake banana bread.  We gobbled up both loaves in a day.

Yea.  I know.  P.I.G.

DSC04214


DSC04244

There was some really good fruit on sale this week: nectarines, cherries, and mangos.

DSC04150

DSC04210

DSC04217

I did a lot of cooking this week.  I made homemade tortillas again, Terriyaki Chicken with Chopped Salad, and Pork Chops with Spinach Salad. 

For lunches we had White Cheese and Shells, Quesadillas and Guac, and Turkey Sandwich Wraps.

DSC04221

DSC04227

DSC04229

We got drinks from Sonic twice.  Somehow I ended up with 11 cherries in mine!  Smile



Saul is working this weekend, and the rest of us are all camped out at home.  Isaac, Elaina, and I all have head colds.  Hopefully none of the others get it.



Our Weekly Wrap-Up

No comments: